On September 29, local hotel associations representing Texas’ major metro areas hosted a “State of the Industry” webinar.
The event featured three prominent presenters: Mike Toomey (Chief Operating Officer of Governor Abbott’s Strike Force to Open Texas), Scott Joslove (President and CEO of the Texas Hotel & Lodging Association), and Chip Rogers (President and CEO of the American Hotel & Lodging Association).
The expert panel covered many issues and topics, including:
- Latest statistics and trends regarding COVID-19 in Texas
- Governor Abbott’s current restrictions in place affecting hotels
- Data regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the lodging industry overall
- State legislative priorities for the upcoming 2021 Texas Legislative Session
- National legislative agenda for Congress and the Executive Branch
To access a full recording of the webinar, click HERE!