Invest in your “Superstars”! Each year, attendees include hospitality professionals ranging from trainees to supervisors to department heads to general managers. If your employees have advancement potential, Short Course is definitely for them.
THLA’s Annual Short Course is a one-of-a-kind, all-in-one hospitality training event that has been awarded “Best Educational Program in the Nation” by the International Society of Hotel Association Executives.
Held in early January in Houston, Short Course is an in-depth orientation to the many aspects of the lodging industry. Each discipline is covered in a 90-minute session, exposing employees to the full spectrum of hotel management.
- Front office personnel will learn about marketing plans
- Food and beverage staff will learn about housekeeping
- Accounting staff will learn about employment law, et cetera!
The faculty at Short Course is both prestigious and entertaining. Instructors are selected from professors at the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management, as well as hospitality figures of international reputation.
Students will enjoy academic insight blended with practical experience.
Class size is limited to maximize the learning experience. Therefore, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. THLA will send confirmation of acceptance prior to the start of the course.
Short Course Registration Fees (Includes Lunch Daily and One Ticket to the Graduation Luncheon)
|Early Bird Registration
|Additional Banquet Tickets
Hilton University of Houston Hotel has blocked rooms on a first-come, first-served basis at the rate of $109 single or double, plus 17% tax. Rooms at the Hilton are available by calling directly at 800-774-1500.
Be sure to ask for the special group rate for Texas Hotel & Lodging Association Short Course. Guestroom reservations must be made by January 3, 2024 to qualify for the discounted rate.
We invite your company to be a part of this prestigious event through a $500 sponsorship. A Short Course sponsorship provides your company with the following benefits:
- Your sponsorship will be noted in all Short Course marketing materials.
- The opportunity to network with over 200 hospitality professionals.
- A sign noting your sponsorship at the refreshment tables.
- One ticket to the Short Course Graduation Luncheon on Friday, January 12th. This event is generally attended by the General Managers of the students attending the course.
- Most importantly, your contribution supports valuable leadership training for the future of our industry.
Sponsorship opportunities are limited and are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Please complete the sponsorship form to reserve your spot today!