Texas Hotel & Lodging Association’s mission is simple: THLA advocates for legislation, regulations, resources, and a business climate that will promote a strong, vibrant, and growing lodging and tourism industry within Texas. Our goal, both current and historic, is to promote and ensure the success of lodging industry operators.
We accomplish this goal through:
- Passing needed legislation;
- Killing detrimental bills that are proposed, advocating on regulatory issues at the federal, state, and local levels; and
- Topical programming, educational events and written resources on all of the top issues facing lodging operators.
- Capping hotel occupancy tax rates statewide.
- Securing $38 million in funding for state tourism promotion.
- Increasing the statewide per diem rate by an average of 27%.
- Defeated all proposed legislation that would place burdens on employing hotel workers.