[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” _builder_version=”3.7.1″]
Information for hotel guests:
- Obtaining financial assistance for lodging: Are you a Hurricane Harvey evacuee in need of financial assistance for lodging? We suggest contacting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA ) online or by phone at 800-621-3362.*
- Finding a hotel that accepts FEMA assistance: If you already have FEMA lodging assistance and you are looking for available lodging under FEMA’s Transitional Shelter Assistance Program, a list of participating hotels is available on the femaevachotels.com website. Call the hotel to determine current availability, and be sure to inform the hotel when you call that you are participating in FEMA’s emergency lodging program.
- Finding a hotel generally: If you are looking for lodging in general, consider using our hotel brand reservation contact list to find statewide availability.
- If lodging accommodations are simply not an available option for you, the Office of the Governor has information on the current status of emergency shelters. Additionally, consider working with a non-governmental organization such as the American Red Cross. Texas hotels have donated hundreds of hotel room-nights to charitable groups, and these groups may be able to assist you.
Information for hotel employees, managers, and owners:
- Emergency lodging assistance: Hotels are encouraged to participate in the emergency lodging assistance program. Information regarding accepting FEMA lodging assistance payments for guests in need of emergency lodging is available on this THLA webpage.
- Hotel taxes: State and local hotel occupancy taxes have been exempted for non-FEMA guests affected by Hurricane Harvey for the period of August 23rd through October 23rd. Visit THLA’s webpage on the suspension of hotel taxes for more information.
- Room pricing: Information on hotel room pricing during disasters is available here.
The THLA team is ready to respond to any issues that arise during this time of emergency. Please contact us for any questions, issues, and know that we are here for you.